Find Your Job
Cashier - Philpott Ford in Nederland, TX at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 2/6/2024
Nederland, TX 77627
At Philpott Ford, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally.
Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Sonic Automotive is a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest automotive retailers in the country with over 120 dealerships nationwide...
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference.
When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
The Cashier will be responsible for handling cash, credit, and debit transactions accurately and efficiently, while also assisting customers with inquiries related to payments, invoices, and other financial matters. The cashier is often the customer’s last contact with the dealership and must represent the dealership in a friendly and professional manner. The cashier provides assistance to the accounting office as directed on an individual task basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and process cash transactions for vehicle purchases, parts, and service payments, ensuring accuracy and compliance with dealership policies and procedures.
- Perform regular cash counts and reconcile discrepancies as needed.
- Calculate the customer's bill using the dealership's computer system.
- Process credit card and debit card transactions securely, verifying account information, obtaining proper authorizations, and issuing receipts promptly.
- Handle check payments, ensuring proper documentation and verification.
- Greet customers warmly and assist them with questions related to payments, invoices, and account balances.
- Generate and process invoices for vehicle sales, service, and parts transactions.
- Collaborate with sales and service teams to ensure proper documentation and timely billing.
- Maintain accurate records of financial transactions, daily cash reconciliations, and other financial documents.
- Ensure that all records are organized, easily accessible, and comply with company and regulatory requirements.
- Give cash refunds accurately to customers for approved returned merchandise.
- Work with department managers to keep abreast of new products and services offered by the dealership and any changes in price.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- Perform receptionist duties as requested.
- Must be comfortable with basic math calculations and possess a good eye for detail to avoid errors.
- Basic computer skills with computers and office machines (Copier, credit card machine, telephone, adding machine)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill.
- Must be diligent in maintaining financial documentation and ensuring it aligns with established procedures.
- Ability to maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive financial information.
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to Have Experience)
- Previous experience in cashiering, financial transactions, or retail sales is preferred.
- Experience in the automotive industry is preferred.