Find Your Job
Heavy Line Technician - Ron Craft Chevrolet/ Cadillac in Baytown, TX at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 1/23/2024
At Ron Craft Chevrolet Cadillac, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally.
Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Sonic Automotive is a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest automotive retailers in the country with over 120 dealerships nationwide...
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference.
When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
The Heavy Line Technician will be responsible for diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining engine and transmission issues in various vehicles. The technician will have extensive knowledge of engine and transmission systems and work on bumper to bumper repairs, including Electric Vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform in-depth diagnostics to identify engine and transmission problems, utilizing specialized tools, equipment, and diagnostic software.
- Carry out repairs and maintenance tasks on engine and transmission systems, including disassembly, reassembly, adjustments, and component replacements.
- Diagnose and repair engine-related issues such as oil leaks, cooling system problems, fuel system malfunctions, and electrical faults.
- Identify and resolve transmission-related problems such as shifting issues, slipping gears, clutch problems, and torque converter malfunctions.
- Utilize technical manuals, schematics, and diagnostic procedures to accurately troubleshoot and repair engine and transmission systems.
- Keep detailed and accurate records of repairs, parts used, labor hours, and services performed, using dealership's computer systems or manual documentation.
- Collaborate with service advisors and other technicians to communicate repair findings, discuss solutions, and prioritize repair orders.
- Provide accurate time and cost estimates for repairs to service advisors and customers, ensuring transparency and excellent customer service.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in engine and transmission technologies, repair techniques, and industry regulations through continuous training and professional development.
- Follow all safety protocols and maintain a clean and organized work area to ensure a safe and efficient working environment.
- Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal errands.
- Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- 2+ years of experience as a Line Technician, specializing in engine and transmission systems in a dealership or automotive repair shop.
- 2+ years of GM experience and/or EV experience.
- Extensive knowledge of engine and transmission systems, including their components, functions, and interdependencies.
- Proficiency in using diagnostic tools, specialized equipment, and software for accurate troubleshooting and repair of engine and transmission issues.
- Strong understanding of technical manuals, schematics, and diagnostic procedures related to engine and transmission systems.
- Strong communication skills to interact professionally and courteously with service advisors, customers, and other team members.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, managing time effectively to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- Adaptability to rapidly changing technologies and a fast-paced work environment.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record.·
- GM Certification
- Electric Vehicle (EV) experience
- Formal automotive technician training program
- Monday - Friday (8am-5pm)
All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment requirements, to include background checks, drug screening, and MVR check.