Find Your Job
Service Advisor - Lexus of Serramonte in Colma, CA at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 1/22/2024
Colma, CA 94014
At Lexus of Serramonte, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally.
Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Sonic Automotive is a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest automotive retailers in the country with over 120 dealerships nationwide...
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference.
When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
As a Service Advisor, you will be a key member of our service team, responsible for providing outstanding customer service and ensuring the smooth operation of the service department. You will serve as the liaison between customers and our skilled technicians, ensuring that customer vehicles are properly diagnosed, serviced, and repaired in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Listen to customers' concerns and accurately document their vehicle issues.
- Provide detailed explanations of recommended services and repairs.
- Communicate estimated costs and obtain customer approval for services.
- Schedule appointments and manage service bay availability.
- Coordinate with the service technicians to ensure timely completion of repairs.
- Update customers on the status of their vehicles throughout the service process.
- Provide accurate repair timelines and inform customers of any delays.
- Create and maintain detailed service records for each customer.
- Prepare and explain invoices to customers, including a breakdown of services performed.
- Process payments and handle any billing inquiries.
- Follow up with customers after service to ensure satisfaction and address any concerns.
- Resolve customer complaints or issues promptly and professionally.
- Stay informed about the latest automotive technologies and services.
- Provide customers with information about maintenance schedules and recommended services.
- 2+ years of experience as a Service Advisor.
- General knowledge of vehicle mechanical operations.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license
- Experience with Lexus or Toyota
- Sales experience preferred.
Compensation (hourly plus commission):
- $90,000 to $160,000+ / year
The Service Advisor Position has a Pay Scale consisting of the following elements and ranges:
Wages include Base Hourly Compensation of between sixteen and seventeen dollar an hour.
The position may also pay commission compensation which is based on the value or amount of closed sales achieved from 0 dollars (if no sales are made) without any upper limit other than sales performance.
The position also may also pay a production bonus based on individual or team performance that may range from 0 dollars (if baseline benchmarks are not met) without any fixed upper limit .