Find Your Job
Automotive Technician - Stevens Creek BMW in Santa Clara, CA at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 8/8/2023
Santa Clara, CA 95051
At Stevens Creek BMW, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Salary: Union Contract Scale - $39.62 – $49.89 per Flat-Rate Hour
**Up to $10K signing bonus based off qualifications**
Work Week is Monday-Friday or Tuesday-Saturday.
**Ask about our Tenure Bonus program that begins at 6 months from hire date. Bonus pay up to $3.50 per flat rate hour!!!
(The Technician Position has a Pay Scale consisting of the following elements and ranges. Wages include Base Hourly Compensation of between $15.50 and $49.89)
The Automotive Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. S/he also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to him/her.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to stall area.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required.
- Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Document work performed.
- Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal errands.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
- Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- 3+ years of experience as an Automotive Service Technician
- Must have luxury brand vehicle experience (BMW, Audi, Porsche, Mercedes Benz)
- ASE or manufacturing training.
- Must have previous dealership experience
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, and valid driver license.
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.