Find Your Job
Payroll Clerk in Houston, TX at Sonic Powersports
Date Posted: 2/1/2023
Houston, TX 77065
Team Mancuso Powersports is a group of seven high-volume franchised motorsport dealerships in the Metro Houston area including Harley-Davidson, Indian, Victory and all of the metric brands We employ enthusiastic, motivated people in Sales, Service, Parts, and Apparel. We’re dedicated to guaranteeing our customers receive everything needed to “live the dream” on their new motorcycle, ATV, UTV, Trike or Personal Watercraft.
Mancuso Powersports is looking for a Payroll Clerk who will be responsible for daily operational tasks relating to the processing and payment of semi-monthly paychecks to teammates.
What you'll do:
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of associate payroll payments.
- Audit new hire associate data to ensure accuracy.
- Review and load payroll template data.
- Update payroll template corrections as provided by the dealership contact.
- Audit transfers/rehires for completeness.
- Prepare and process manual payments based upon policy and procedures.
- Assist team members as appropriate to ensure timely and accurate processing of associate payments.
- Provide accounting assistance including posting of journal entries and month-end closing assistance.
- Perform payroll, benefit and accounting bank reconciliations and make correcting entries.
- Adhere to consistent and reliable work schedule.
- Demonstrate ethical business practices and integrity in all interactions and uphold the Sonic Automotive group brand.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for:
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Oracle EBS or Oracle FUSION experience a plus.
- Preference will be given to candidates with FPC or CPP.
- Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Health, Dental, 401k
- Fun, collaborative work environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.