Find Your Job
Accountant-Shared Service in Charlotte, NC at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 1/9/2023
Charlotte, NC 28277
At a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
An Accountant in the Shared Services - General Accounting department performs mid-level accounting and control functions while gaining exposure to and being trained on some higher-level functions. The overall purpose and objective of this job is to transfer many of those functions from the dealership level to a centralized location to improve both efficiency and effectiveness/quality.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of an Accountant in the Shared Services - General Accounting department may include some or all of the following:
- Perform the following monthly reconciliations on behalf of the stores:*
- Parts statement reconciliations
- Floorplan statement reconciliations
- Factory-to-accounting inventory reconciliations
- Assist in the performance of SSC's monthly bank reconciliations.*
- Research, understand, and document processes at dealerships to facilitate the expansion of Shared Services.
- Perform other accounting functions, potentially including posting general entries, etc.
- Communicate with dealership, lender, and manufacturer contacts to investigate and resolve issues.
- Work closely with other team members to cross train and share best practices.
* The performance of reconciliations includes the identification, research, and documentation of reconciling items.
An Accountant in the Shared Services - General Accounting department must have strong written and spoken communication skills. Proficiency with Excel is also required. An Accountant should typically have an accounting degree; however, another (or incomplete) degree is acceptable with adequate accounting courses and/or training.
Experience in the automotive retail industry and with ADP-DMS is preferable but not required. An Accountant in the Shared Services - General Accounting department should typically have at least a year of accounting experience; however, candidates with less experience may be considered if they have an accounting degree.
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.