Find Your Job
Parts Driver - Mercedes-Benz of Nashville in Franklin, TN at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 9/14/2022
Franklin, TN 37067
At Mercedes-Benz of Nashville, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Parts Driver is responsible for picking up and delivering parts and equipment to customers, satellite stores, wholesale accounts, and vendors.
Parts Driver Duties and Responsibilities:
· Checks with the parts manager, wholesale representative, inventory control administrator, parts counter people, or shipping and receiving clerk before leaving to coordinate any last minute pick-ups or deliveries.
· Checks with the body shop each day to determine immediate parts needs.
· Delivers parts to body shop when needed and distributes to appropriate body technicians.
· Verifies that invoice matches purchase order for each pick-up.
· Checks payments received with the invoices for each delivery.
· Keeps an accurate log of daily deliveries and pick-ups. Requests recipient's signature on each delivery entry.
· Unloads truck each night. Turns in all paperwork and undelivered parts.
· Handles basic maintenance of the truck including filling tank with gas, checking oil, keeping it clean, and making sure required inspections are performed.
· Advises parts manager if delivery trucks need major repairs and maintenance.
· Helps maintain the professional appearance of the parts department.
· Assists service department as needed with attendant responsibilities of managing the drop-off and pick-up of customers' cars.
· Helps with stocking and posting orders when they arrive to expedite delivery to shop technicians and wholesale accounts.
· Maintains professional appearance.
· Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
Parts Driver Qualifications:
· High School Diploma
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
· All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
· All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.