Find Your Job
Asset Protection Manager in Chattanooga, TN at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 5/3/2022
Chattanooga, TN 37421
Sonic Automotive is a Fortune 500 company that is transforming the way people shop for, buy and service their vehicles. Our talented team work together to ensure we provide an experience unmatched by our competitors.
Our associates are happy to work here because:
- We boast the lowest turnover in the industry.
- We provide award winning training (Training Magazine Top 125, and Brandon Hall Awards).
- We are committed to developing and promoting within the company.
- We are technology based - most jobs use IPads or IPhones that we provide.
- Our benefits are extremely competitive with Medical, dental, vision, HSA, 401k and PTO.
- We encourage peer to peer teamwork and recognition.
- Special benefits to purchasing and leasing a car.
- Personal Automotive Concierge Service.
$70K - 80K based on experience
This job is work from home with 30% travel
Candidate located in the southeastern United States is preferred
Asset Protection Manager
This position is for a passionate, experienced, and collaborative Asset Protection Manager reporting to the National Asset Protection Director supporting development, implementation and management of all asset protection best practices and programs. The Asset Protection Manager and the National Asset Protection Director are responsible for management and oversight of the Asset Protection arm of the Risk Management Department and ensuring playbook execution and focus upon:
1. People Safety; 2. Regulatory Compliance; and 3. Reducing Financial Risks and Liability Exposures.
The Asset Protection Manager:
- Identifies and analyzes exposures
- Examines asset protection techniques and related service providers
- Selects techniques, implements techniques, and monitors results
- Creating and maintaining a safe working and shopping environment for teammates and customers
- Responsible for managing asset protection tools, programs, systems, vendors, policy and playbook development and implementation
- Conducts and provides investigation expertise and support.
- Collaborates and partners internally with Risk Management Field Loss Control Managers along with all Sonic department teams and business teammates including; Accounting, Business Technology, Facilities, Operations, HR, Internal Audit, IT, Legal, Procurement, Real Estate, F&I, Retail Lending
- Serves as Asset Protection SME to make sound business decisions and recommendations that mitigate risk exposures while best supporting operational performance and positive financial results.
- Assists NAPD in ongoing development, implementation, and management of all Asset Protection programs.
- Assists NAPD in conducting comprehensive crime and security evaluations for new and existing locations to ensure adequate site security measures are planned and included.
- Supports NAPD in identifying, developing, and implementing comprehensive strategies to mitigate security and fraud loss risk exposures.
- Serves as subject matter expert (SME) in asset protection standards and provides insight, advice, guidance, and recommendations for all teammates and business partners.
- Provides asset protection SME support to Risk Management Field Loss Control Managers as needed for loss claims/investigations.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with all internal stakeholder partners.
- Serves as liaison with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.
- Assists in managing contracted security vendor programs.
- Serves with NAPD and Director of Risk Management on Investigations Steering Committee.
- Leverages systems and eRIMS data to formulate asset protection security measure strategies.
- Works closely with Asset Protection vendor partners to manage ongoing operational efficiency and effectiveness of all asset protection systems and programs.
- Assist in maintaining Asset Protection playbook module and in developing new Asset Protection playbook documents when needed.
- Monitors Store Operations compliance initiatives of Asset Protection standards and programs and provides corrective action recommendations and coaching.
- Partners with internal teammates and vendors to assist in managing physical security related equipment and systems at our locations including but not limited to; Monitored Camera Systems; Intrusion Verification Systems; Key Management Systems; Access Controls; and Fire Alarm Monitoring systems.
- Works closely with NAPD to evaluate current and future asset protection services, processes, equipment, and initiatives to ensure the highest levels of asset protection security posture, performance, and effectiveness across the organization.
- Provides asset protection support to organization during crisis events, disaster events, and other critical events.
- Ongoing self-development of industry related asset protection expertise and knowledge to provide asset protection subject matter expertise for organization.
- 30% Travel
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum required experience- 5+ years multi-store retail asset protection/loss prevention management.
- Preferred experience- 7-10+ years multi-store retail asset protection/loss prevention management experience. Professional related security management or fraud prevention designations; ex. CPP, PSP, APP, CITRMS, CFE.
- Experience in conducting retail loss, theft and fraud investigations.
- Crisis management/critical event response team experience.
- Preferred experience with physical security systems; security camera systems and designs; burglar intrusion systems; fire alarm monitoring systems; and key management systems.
- Preferred experience with Red Flags Rule- Identity Theft Prevention
- Effective and independent judgement and decision-making skills
- Effective communicator with strong leadership and people management skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.