Find Your Job
SAP Commissions Administrator in Charlotte, NC at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 3/11/2022
Charlotte, NC 28211
Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Sonic Automotive is a Fortune 500 company that is transforming the way people shop for, buy and service their vehicles. Our talented team work together to ensure we provide an experience unmatched by our competitors.
Our associates are happy to work here because:
- We boast the lowest turnover in the industry.
- We provide award winning training (Training Magazine Top 125, and Brandon Hall Awards).
- We are committed to developing and promoting within the company.
- We are technology based - most jobs use IPads or IPhones that we provide.
- Our benefits are extremely competitive with Medical, dental, vision, HSA, 401k and PTO.
- We encourage peer to peer teamwork and recognition.
- Special benefits to purchasing and leasing a car.
- Personal Automotive Concierge Service.
If you want to find out more about the types of jobs we have here, we've highlighted a few.
We're proud of what we're doing here. Come and join us!
The SAP Commissions Administrator is a key member of the production support/administration team that provides support to Sonic Automotive’s (SA’s) SAP Commissions system. The system is used to calculate commission for thousands of commissioned teammates across the country. The system is also used to capture quarterly goals and calculate quarterly bonuses for a portion of SA teammates.
This professional will administer the system including configuration activities, troubleshooting system issues and interfaces with supporting systems and work closely with the system’s sponsors, the payroll department and other stakeholders at SA’s corporate headquarters in Charlotte, NC as well as field locations nationwide. This role will also work with SAP and contracted vendor support as necessary to ensure the system is operational to support business operations.
• Main Core Responsibilities:
o Maintain the system’s configuration to support SA’s business operations, including calculation of commissions and quarterly bonuses
o Partner with internal support resources to address system issues, including interfaces with other SA systems
o Partner with resources from SAP and contracted vendor support to implement new functionality to support the system’s stakeholders and address system issues that cannot be resolved internally within SA
o Partner with corporate system stakeholders to ensure the system is supporting business operations and is in compliance with SOX controls and other governance measures maintained by SA
o Maintain a deep relationship with dealership controllers, regional controllers and other field stakeholders to understand their constantly evolving business needs and make adjustments as necessary to SAP Commissions.
· Other Responsibilities
o Comply with SA’s Change Management controls and guidelines.
o Act as the coordinator on Critical Incidents to ensure timely resolution.
o Coordinate root cause analysis of issues to identify/resolve system issues impacting business operations.
• Provide appropriate communication to business stakeholders during critical, production issues impacting business operations.
Minimum Qualifications (below is tailored for the potential candidate discussed on 2/15
• 2+ years of application support experience.
• 2+ years of IT customer support experience with a focus on providing timely support in with tact, diplomacy and patience to users who are operating under extremely short and tight deadlines.
• 1+ years’ experience supporting or using SAP Commissions
• 2+ Working very closely with system stakeholders to gather requirements, design processes and prepare documentation to support the development process by internal and external vendor contracted developers
• A deep understanding of Excel and how best to apply this skillset in the support model for SAP Commissions
• A working knowledge of dealership accounting including how the various revenue, cost and/or expense streams impact the company’s commissionable associates
• An ability to focus on accuracy and precision of all data being handled/calculated as the data is ultimately used to pay correctly, thousands of commissioned teammates.
• Experience designing workflows or processes around mixed skill sets.
• Effective communication and very strong interpersonal skills required.
• Must possess strong problem solving and resolution skills.
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Visio.
• Knowledge and experience with monitoring tool sets.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.