Find Your Job
Tag and Title Specialist in Grand Prairie, TX at EchoPark Automotive
Date Posted: 6/9/2021
Grand Prairie, TX 75052
EchoPark Automotive is one of the fastest growing brands within the automotive industry. We are building a business based on doing things the right way. From the way we treat our guests, take pride in our work and share opportunities for our employees to grow as we grow. We are proud of what we're doing here and would love to tell you about our opportunities!
You're serious about your career, and rest assured you've come to the right place. At Echo Park family dealership in Grand Prairie TX, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally.
Processes car deals. Verifies costs for the accounting department, including the costs of reconditioning and equipment add-ons, and handles the legal transfer of documents for the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processes all vehicles for registration in the state in which they will be titled.
• Prepares tax and title documents.
• Submits all legal transfer work to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
• Verifies that funds have been collected and the correct lien holder paid off before processing title applications.
• Checks for accuracy in the application and ensures that all information is complete.
• Prepares payoff checks for new vehicles and trade-ins.
• Bills out all dealer trades and prepares Certificates of Origin.
• Maintains a system to verify out-of-state titles.
• Compiles and maintains a complete list of all outstanding title work. Reports to management on the status of any missing or problem titles and provides a current list of outstanding titles to the comptroller at the end of month.
• Signs over titles for all wholesalers who have paid in full. Prepares a monthly report to management of any funds not collected from wholesalers due to missing or incomplete title work.
• Processes/registers all vehicle warranties and extended service contracts, maintaining a log of all contracts processed and mailed.
• Processes yearly renewal of dealer tags in conjunction with comptroller.
• Stays abreast of title regulations. Attends seminars held by local licensing bureaus and any available training on title regulations.
• Cross-trains others to handle title clerk daily responsibilities.
• Conducts periodic training sessions for managers and sales personnel regarding title regulations and procedures and issues a written memo to managers and all sales personnel whenever regulations change.
• Directs title runner in daily routines.
• Maintains a professional appearance and a neat work area.
• High school diploma or the equivalent.
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
• Valid drivers license and a good driving record.
• Manual dexterity.
• Good Judgment
• All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
• All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
• All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.