Find Your Job
Automotive Technician- Philpott Ford in Nederland, TX at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 6/9/2021
Nederland, TX 77627
At Philpott Ford, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. We are committed to your success. Depending on your qualifications, certifications and technical experience you can earn from $18-3-$35.00 per FRH in addition to a signing bonus, Along with the many other benefits we provide. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Philpott Ford.
The Automotive Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. She/he also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to him/her.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to your work area.
· Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy.
· Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
· Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
· Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if additional work is recommended.
· Notify service advisor if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
· Document all work performed.
· Road-test vehicles when required.
· Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
· Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
· Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
· Follow all company safety policies and procedures, and report any all accidents
· Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned to a manager or supervisor.
· High CSI is a must.
· ASE or manufacturing training.
· High school diploma or the equivalent.
· Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
· Applicant must be authorized to work in the USA.
· Applicant must be able to pass a background check, MVR, and drug test.
It's time to make the most important move of your career. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.