Find Your Job
Automotive Technician- Baytown Ford in Baytown, TX at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 5/12/2021
Baytown, TX 77521
At Baytown Ford, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need. At Baytown Ford we are committed to your success and in your future. Do you have 5 years or more of expreience and certifications with Ford? We are offering up to $40.00 per Flat rate Hour based on your experience in addition to a $5.000 signing bonus. We also provide annual longivity bonuses. Baytown Ford is a climate controlled shop with tons of fleet work, with no slow periods. And a very experienced service drive that will sell your work!
The Automotive Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. S/he also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to him/her.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receive repair orders from the advisor and take to your work area.
· Perform work as outlined on repair order in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
· Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
· Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
· Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
· Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if additional work is needed or required.
· Notify service advisor if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
· Document work performed.
· Road-test vehicles when required.
· Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
· Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
· Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
· Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
· Keep shop area neat and clean.
· Follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
· High CSI is a must.
· ASE or manufacturing training.
· High school diploma or the equivalent.
· Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
· Applicants must are required to pass pre-employment testing including background checks, MVR, drug test, and have a valid driver license.
It's time to make the move to BAYTOWN FORD! It's perhaps the most important move of your career. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.