Find Your Job
Service Technician/Automotive Mechanic - Hyundai of Jefferson City in Jefferson City, MO at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 1/31/2024
Jefferson City, MO 65109
Are you looking to feel valued in a close-knit team environment where you are treated with respect? At Jefferson City Hyundai, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and personal support you need to grow and develop your future as a technician. We have an ever-growing customer base that needs their vehicles serviced, and we are urgently hiring more technicians. This is not a shop where you would struggle to find the hours to turn! Our highly experienced team of technicians pride themselves on helping their peers, from small challenges to large ones.
- Top Dollar pay structure - our pay STARTS from $25-$35 per hour based on competency level! We also offer ADDITIONAL incentives you can earn as you work hard and grow with us!
- Easy and clear training path for all technicians – No more wondering how you will get yourself advanced to a top-level technician, we give you the roadmap and support you every step of the way.
- Highly rated dealership--we have an average of 4.5/5 stars with over 100 reviews on Facebook.
In addition, you'll enjoy these benefits:
- Available $0 Health plan premiums for Technicians based on tenure
- Our "Hybrid" Medical plan provides associates with a cost-sharing medical/pharmacy plan along with the ability to set aside money through retirement tax-free in a Health Savings Account.
- When enrolled in the Health Savings Account, you'll have early access to future contributions through our "HSA on Demand" feature.
- A company contribution is also made to your HSA every pay period!
- A choice of 3 dental plans
- A Vision plan
- A Flexible Spending Account for a tax-free way to pay for dependent day care
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance (company-paid, as well as supplemental)
- Legal Plan
- Critical Illness, Accident and Hospitalization plans
- Home and Auto Insurance at special group rates and payroll deduction
Check us out at https://www.hyundaiofjeffersoncity.com
- Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to stall area.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required.
- Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Document work performed.
- Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal errands.
- ASE, manufacturing training or 2 years' experience.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must be authorized to work in the USA.
- Must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, and valid driver license.
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.