Find Your Job
Parts Counterperson - Land Rover Birmingham in Birmingham, AL at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 1/30/2024
Birmingham, AL 35210
At Land Rover Birmingham, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Our associates are happy to work here because:
- We boast the lowest turnover in the industry.
- We provide award winning training (Training Magazine Top 125, and Brandon Hall Awards).
- We are committed to developing and promoting within the company.
- Our benefits are extremely competitive with Medical, dental, vision, HSA, 401k and PTO.
- We encourage peer to peer teamwork and recognition.
- Special benefits to purchasing and leasing a car.
- Personal Automotive Concierge Service.
If you want to find out more about the types of jobs we have here, we've highlighted a few.
We're proud of what we're doing here. Come and join us!
The Parts Counterperson is responsible for picking up and delivering parts and for the carrying out of those jobs and/or assignments set forth by the department manager. This person will administer internal procedures and reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checks with the parts manager, wholesale representative, inventory control administrator, parts counter people, or shipping and receiving clerk before leaving to coordinate any last minute pick-ups or deliveries.
- Checks with the body shop to determine immediate parts needs.
- Delivers parts to body shop and distribute parts to technicians.
- Verifies invoice match purchase order for each pick-up.
- Checks payments received with the invoices for each delivery.
- Keeps an accurate log of daily deliveries and pick-ups and collect signatures on each delivery entry.
- ·Unloading deliveries and turn in paperwork and undelivered parts.
- ·Handles basic maintenance of the delivery truck (filling tank with gas, checking oil, organization)
- Advise parts manager if delivery trucks need major repairs and maintenance.
- Assist service department with attendant responsibilities (managing the drop-off and pick-up of customers' cars)
- Helps with stocking and posting orders when they arrive to expedite delivery to shop technicians and wholesale accounts.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- 1+ years of experience as a Parts Counterperson
- Customer Service/Phone communication capabilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver’s license.
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.