Find Your Job
Service Technician- Jordan Ford in Mishawaka, IN at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 1/25/2024
Mishawaka, IN 46545
Are you looking to feel valued, culturally, and financially, in a close-knit team environment where you are treated with respect? Do you struggle to get the support you need to advance your career as a professional automotive technician? At Jordan Ford, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and personal support you need to grow and develop your future as a technician. Whether you are an experienced Senior Master or a young apprentice---Jordan Ford is rapidly growing and looking for you to prosper with us. Right in the heart of it all, we have an ever-growing customer base that needs their vehicles serviced, and we are urgently hiring all levels of service technicians. This is not a shop where you would struggle to find the hours to turn! We foster a positive and supportive culture that cares about you as an individual as well as your growth and success. Our highly experienced team of technicians pride themselves on helping their peers, from small challenges to large ones.
Jordan offers one of the most competitive benefit packages in the market!
- Top Dollar pay structure - our pay STARTS from $23-$50 per hour based on competency level! We also offer ADDITIONAL incentives you can earn as you work hard and grow with us! Be in control of your own growth!
- Easy and clear training path for all technicians – No more wondering how you will get yourself advanced to a top-level technician, we give you the roadmap and support you every step of the way.
- Company Paid Training for Ford Certifications – We want to make sure you don’t miss a beat as you work hard to learn and advance.
- Yearly Retention Bonus – Get paid for your loyalty and hard work.
- 401K with match
- Paid Vacation
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- One of the area's largest Parts Department – Get the support you need TODAY, no more lift downtime from lack of inventory!
- Employee Discount throughout the dealership.
Come join a service family that is focused on you!
· Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to stall area.
· Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
· Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
· Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
· Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
· Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
· Document work performed.
· Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal errands.
· Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
· Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
· Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
· Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
· Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
· Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
· Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
For growing and developing apprentice or journeyman technicians, we have a clear laid out program from express technician all the way to Ford Senior Master. Grow and gain certifications on your schedule without wondering if that hard work will pay off. We offer financial incentives for training growth every step of the way that puts your financial future in your hands! Only getting education support from online training? Our 20+ year Ford Senior Master tech trainer is dedicated to spending the hands-on time needed to coach and guide you.
For established, top level technicians? We offer top level pay to match the time and effort you have invested into your career. We offer additional pay incentives for continued education and dedication to your craft. We have a high-quality shop with the tool support you need. Our large parts department inventory and driver network allow us to provide less downtime for you, so you can focus on getting that job done start to finish same day.
Looking for change of pace? We have opportunities in all avenues of automotive repair. From passenger gasoline vehicle repair, light to medium duty diesel repair, to over the road mobile service, Jordan Ford provides you with the ability to work in an environment that suits you and your skillset!
High CSI is a must.
· ASE or Ford training.
· High school diploma or the equivalent.
· Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
· Manual dexterity.
· Good Judgment.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
· All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
· All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, and valid driver license.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.