Find Your Job
Automotive Diesel Technician - Philpott Ford in Nederland, TX at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 1/18/2024
Nederland, TX 77627
At Philpott Ford, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally.
Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Sonic Automotive is a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest automotive retailers in the country with over 120 dealerships nationwide...
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference.
When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
The Diesel Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnose and repair diesel engines, including but not limited to fuel systems, exhaust systems, electrical systems, and cooling systems.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks, such as oil changes, filter replacements, and fluid checks, to ensure the longevity of diesel-powered vehicles.
- Conduct thorough inspections of diesel vehicles to identify and address potential issues before they become major problems.
- Utilize diagnostic tools and equipment to accurately identify and resolve mechanical and electrical issues in diesel engines.
- Collaborate with service advisors and communicate effectively with customers to explain repair recommendations and provide accurate cost estimates.
- Stay updated on industry trends, technology advancements, and manufacturer guidelines related to diesel engine systems.
- Adhere to dealership and manufacturer service standards and guidelines to maintain a high level of quality and customer satisfaction.
- Complete all repair orders and documentation in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring proper recording of services provided and parts used.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment, including tools, equipment, and the service area.
- Participate in ongoing training and professional development opportunities to stay current with evolving diesel engine technologies.
- 1+ years of proven experience as a Diesel Technician in an automotive dealership or repair facility.
- Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in using diagnostic tools and equipment specific to diesel engine systems.
- Knowledge of diesel engine technology and emission systems.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, and valid driver license.
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to Have Experience)
- ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certifications.
- Full-time hours (Flat rate pay)
- Tenure Bonus program that begins at 6 months from hire date.
- Bonus pay up to $3.50 per flat rate hour.
- Holiday pay
- Sundays off
- Monday - Friday (7:30am - 5:30pm)
- 1x Saturday every 6 weeks (7am - 12pm)