Find Your Job
Used Car Buyer - Mercedes-Benz of Walnut Creek in Walnut Creek, CA at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 1/15/2024
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
At Mercedes Benz of Walnut Creek, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally.
Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Sonic Automotive is a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest automotive retailers in the country with over 120 dealerships nationwide...
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference.
When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
The Used Car Buyer will have a primary responsibility of executing a process which involves prospecting, appraising, and presenting offers to current vehicle owners with the goal of purchasing their vehicles from multiple sources for resale.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interfaces with current used vehicle owners to appraise and purchase their vehicles.
- Approaches and greets dealership customers to evaluate and offer to purchase their current vehicles.
- Utilizes Sonic Automotive automated inventory management system for efficient vehicle tracking.
- Understands market trends and changes in the geographic market related to used vehicles.
- Knows and understands federal, state, and local laws governing retail automotive sales.
- Attends product and sales training courses to stay updated on industry trends.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to approach and interact with current vehicle owners and dealership customers.
- Strong negotiation skills to appraise and offer competitive prices for used vehicles.
- Previous dealership, selling or marketing experience preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the USA
- Must be willing to undergo pre-employment compliance requirements: Drug testing, background check, MVR.
- Hourly plus commission - Successful candidates can expect to earn $5,000 to $10,000 / month if meeting dealership quotas and goals.
The Used Car Buyer Position has a Pay Scale consisting of the following elements and ranges. Wages include Base Hourly Compensation of between sixteen and seventeen dollars an hour. The position may also pay commission compensation which is based on the value or amount of closed sales achieved from $0.00 (if no sales are made) without any upper limit other than sales performance. The position also may also pay a production bonus based on individual or team performance that may range from $0.00 (if baseline benchmarks are not met) without any fixed upper limit.