Find Your Job
Service Tech - Dave Smith Frontier Sales & Leasing in Coeur d'Alene, ID at RFJ
Date Posted: 12/13/2023
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814
At a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Salary: $25 to $30.00 per flat rate hour + bonus
(The Technician Position has a Pay Scale consisting of the following elements and ranges. Wages include flat rate hour of between $25.00 and $30.00. plus bonuses)
Free Medical after a 1yr of service.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Be directly responsible for the following items, as set at the sole discretion of the company, which may be changed from time to time:
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and performs repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty of it requested by the guest.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates immediately with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles when required.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Supervises work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to Service Manager.
- Ensures that guest’s cars are kept clean. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as they were when checked out.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local requirements, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Wears and utilizes all safety equipment at all times.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to Service Manager.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains a safe work environment.
- Maintains a professional appearance and wears dealership provided uniforms.
- Realize that the company’s business is built on guest satisfaction and devote himself/herself to guaranteeing satisfaction to guests.
- Determine management, production and quality requirements by asking questions and listening.
- Attend dealership meetings as requested.
- Maintain a follow-up system that encourages follow through with assigned projects.
- Maintain current knowledge and familiarity with new products, features, accessories, etc., and their benefits.
- Establish personal performance goals that are consistent with company standards of productivity and devise a strategy to meet those goals.
- Report to Service Manager regarding objectives, planned activities, reviews and analyses.
- Review and analyze actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
- Understand the terminology of the business and keep abreast of technology changes in the product.
- Know and understand the federal, state and local requirements which govern the company’s business.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
- Interact well with others and be a positive influence on associate morale.
- Must sign voluntarily the company’s non-disclosure and confidentiality agreement and be able to be faithful to its provisions.
- Must be willing and able to assign or offer to assign to the company any invention that you develop.
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.