Find Your Job
Paint Prepper - BodyWorks of Murray Motors (BMW of Denver Downtown) in Denver, CO at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 11/28/2023
Denver, CO 80231
BodyWorks by BMW of Denver Downtown is one of the fastest growing brands within the automotive industry (part of Sonic Automotive DBA BMW of Denver). We are building a business based on doing things the right way. From the way we treat our guests, take pride in our work and share opportunities for our employees to grow as we grow. We are proud of what we're doing here and would love to tell you about our opportunities!
Salary: $19.00 to $22.00 per Flag Hour (depending on experience)
The Paint Prepper Position has a Pay Scale consisting of the following elements and ranges. Wages include Base Hourly Compensation of between $19.00 and $22.00.
Our associates are happy to work here because:
- We boast the lowest turnover in the industry.
- We provide award winning training (Training Magazine Top 125, and Brandon Hall Awards).
- We are committed to developing and promoting within the company.
- Our benefits are extremely competitive with Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, 401k and PTO.
- We encourage peer to peer teamwork and recognition.
- Special benefits to purchasing and leasing a car.
- Personal Automotive Concierge Service.
If you want to find out more about the types of jobs we have here, we've highlighted a few.
We're proud of what we're doing here. Come and join us!
Collision Center Paint Prepper Assists the Refinish Technician in preparing vehicles properly for paint (Priming, Sanding, Tape, Mask, etc.) also polishing finished paint work and assisting in other paint department areas as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
*** Prior painting or paint prepping experience preferred.
· Operates and uses all body shop equipment properly and safely
· Removes rust from metal, and grease and dirt from work surface.
· Masks and protects parts that are not to be painted or coated.
· Fills cavities and dents with putty to attain smooth surface.
· Mixes paint according to specifications.
· Selects and mixes coating liquid to produce desired color.
· Paints surface using sprayer or brush as appropriate.
· Inspects painted units for quality of workmanship, noting any runs, sags, and unpainted areas.
· Heats and sprays wax onto products after they are tested.
· Maintains tools and keeps equipment clean and in a proper state of repair.
· Keeps work area clean.
· Maintains and wears all required safety and health personal protective equipment, including respirator, in the manner recommended by the equipment manufacturer.
· Complies with all laws and regulations pertaining to paint, thinners, and other hazardous materials. Reports any deviations to management.
· Cooperates and assists other personnel in the repair and prepping of vehicles.
· Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect body shop operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
·High school diploma or equivalent.
·All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
·All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
·All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative team-based approach; to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.