Find Your Job
Heavy Line Technician - Greenville Nissan in Greenville, TX at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 11/22/2023
Greenville, TX 75402
At Greenville Nissan, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Automotive Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize diagnostic equipment to identify mechanical, electrical, and other vehicle issues.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on engines, transmissions, brakes, and other automotive systems as outlined on repair orders.
- Work efficiently to diagnose malfunctions and complete repairs within established timeframes.
- Collaborate with service advisors and parts department to prioritize and schedule repairs.
- Conduct thorough quality inspections to ensure all repairs meet or exceed industry standards or verify if additional safety of service work is required.
- Address any issues or discrepancies promptly with Service Advisor (parts, time promised, etc).
- Communicate with customers to understand vehicle issues and explain recommended repairs.
- Provide accurate cost estimates and timelines for repairs.
- Document all diagnostic and repair activities accurately.
- Complete repair orders and maintain detailed records of services performed.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes to stay informed about the latest automotive technologies and industry trends.
- Attend training sessions to enhance skills and knowledge.
- 2+ years of proven Service Technician experience in a dealership or similar automotive repair setting.
- Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Experience rebuilding and replacing engines and transmissions.
- Proficient in using diagnostic equipment and tools.
- Knowledge of automotive systems, components, and repair procedures.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, and valid driver license.
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to Have Experience)
- ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certifications or Manufacturer training.
- 5+ years as a Service Technician
- Monday through Friday (7:30am - 5pm)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.