Find Your Job
Automotive Lube Technician - Vernon Auto Group in Vernon, TX at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 11/16/2023
Vernon, TX 76384
At Vernon Auto Group, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Our associates are happy to work here because:
- We boast the lowest turnover in the industry.
- We provide award winning training (Training Magazine Top 125, and Brandon Hall Awards).
- We are committed to developing and promoting within the company.
- Our benefits are extremely competitive with Medical, dental, vision, HSA, 401k and PTO.
- We encourage peer to peer teamwork and recognition.
- Special benefits to purchasing and leasing a car.
- Personal Automotive Concierge Service.
If you want to find out more about the types of jobs we have here, we've highlighted a few.
We're proud of what we're doing here. Come and join us!
The Lubrication Technician will be responsible for lubricating cars in a quick, yet thorough manner, and for carrying out his responsibilities through coordination with the Production foreman.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform all lubrication services.
· Perform thorough check of customer’s car (i.e., battery, lights, tires), referring all needed repairs and preventive maintenance to Service Advisor.
· Operate and maintain all lubrication equipment.
· Receive repair order from either the Service Salesman or the Production Foreman and proceed to service lift.
· Lubricate entire car while looking for other items which may need repair.
· Ensure that the customer’s car is kept clean.
· Make certain all equipment is in proper working order, especially the lifts.
· Use adequate, but not excessive, amounts of materials and supplies.
· Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
· Knowledge in all aspects of automotive repair and maintenance.
· Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
· Two years of experience as a technician’s helper or apprentice in an automobile dealership.
· Manual dexterity.
· Good judgment.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
· All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
· All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license
In addition, you'll enjoy these benefits:
- Available $0 Health plan premiums for Technicians based on tenure
- Our "Hybrid" Medical plan provides associates with a cost-sharing medical/pharmacy plan along with the ability to set aside money through retirement tax-free in a Health Savings Account.
- When enrolled in the Health Savings Account, you'll have early access to the future contributions through our "HSA on Demand" feature.
- A company contribution is also made to your HSA every pay period!
- A choice of 3 dental plans
- A Vision plan
- A Flexible Spending Account for a tax-free way to pay for dependent day care
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance (company-paid, as well as supplemental)
- Legal Plan
- Critical Illness, Accident and Hospitalization plans
- Home and Auto Insurance at special group rates and payroll deduction
- Pet Insurance