Find Your Job
Accounting Specialist II in Houston, TX at EchoPark Automotive
Date Posted: 11/16/2023
Houston, TX 77037
EchoPark Automotive is one of the fastest growing brands within the automotive industry. We are building a business based on doing things the right way. From the way we treat our guests, take pride in our work and share opportunities for our employees to grow as we grow. We are proud of what we're doing here and would love to tell you about our opportunities!
EchoPark Automotive is looking to hire an Accounting Specialist for our store in Houston, TX. This position exists to own the accounts payable function by reviewing, processing, and analyzing the company’s operating expense structure and applying that financial insight and analysis to the monthly close and financial reporting processes.
Measures of Success
- Ability to embrace and live Echo Park’s 5 Core Values of Take Ownership, Be Transparent, Take the High Road, Learn to Earn, and Celebrate Small Successes.
- Ability to take ownership of the accounts payable process.
- Ability to perform balance sheet and expense reconciliations and analysis.
Accounting Clerk Key Roles & Responsibilities
- At all times act as the point of contact for vendors regarding invoicing and payment.
- Review and process and invoices for payment.
- Act as a liaison between the store-level business operations group and the Shared Services Center.
Month-End Close Process
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations and book adjusting journal entries as necessary.
- Provide analyses of expense variances.
- Produce month-end workpapers to address specific financial results/metrics to be used as part of the monthly financial reporting package.
Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Other Accounting Responsibilities
- Complete SOX controls as necessary including:
- Monthly invoice reviews
- Month-end bank activity analysis
- Aging Exception analysis
- Bank reconciliation
- Support quarterly and annual audit efforts by performing research and providing documentation as appropriate.
- Strong general accounting knowledge
- Well versed in using MS Excel
- Commitment to financial prudence and accounting diligence
- A history of success in a team environment
- Ability to utilize technology and programs to drive efficiency and stay current with our technology training - CDK REQUIRED
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (email, web, phone, in-person)
- Strong, creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to take initiative and think critically to identify improvement opportunities
- Ability to take ownership of the details – large and small
- Decision making that demonstrates good judgment and potential leadership development
- Clean motor vehicle record and criminal background record
What We Offer:
- $23-27 /hr based on experience
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with 4% company match
- Paid vacation
- Access to leadership and personal development programs
- Casual dress
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.