Find Your Job
Lube Technician - Dave Smith Nissan in Spokane Valley, WA at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 11/15/2023
Spokane Valley, WA 99212
At Dave Smith Nissan, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Lube Technician will be responsible for lubricating cars in a quick, yet thorough manner, and for carrying out his responsibilities through coordination with the Production Foreman.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all automotive lubrication services (oil changes, topping off fluids, etc)
- Perform thorough check of customer’s car (i.e., battery, lights, tires), referring all needed repairs and preventive maintenance to Service Advisor.
- Operate and maintain all lubrication equipment.
- Receive repair order from either the Service Salesman or the Production Foreman and proceed to service lift.
- Lubricate entire car while looking for other items which may need repair.
- Ensure that the customer’s car is kept clean.
- Make certain all equipment is in proper working order, especially the lifts.
- Use adequate, but not excessive, amounts of materials and supplies.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- Experience working with hand tools and/or power tools
- Ability to work collaboratively with other technicians, service advisors, and customers, along with strong communication skills to explain maintenance needs and recommendations clearly.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Must be authorized to work in the USA
- Must be willing to undergo pre-employment compliance requirements: Drug testing, background check, MVR.
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to Have Experience)
- 6+ months of experience as a technician’s helper, apprentice technician, or lube technician in an automotive dealership or service shop.
- An understanding of automotive systems, components, and maintenance procedures, including oil changes, filter replacements, tire rotations, and fluid checks.
- Proficiency in using various automotive tools and equipment, such as wrenches, oil filter wrenches, socket sets, and hydraulic lifts, to perform tasks efficiently and safely.
- $18.00 - $20.00 / hour (depending on experience)
- Monday - Friday from 8am - 5pm
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.