Find Your Job
Automotive Service Technician - Philpott Ford in Nederland, TX at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 11/3/2023
Nederland, TX 77627
At Philpott Ford, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. S/he also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to him/her.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to stall area.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required.
- Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal errands.
- Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
- Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
- Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- High CSI is a must.
- ASE or manufacturing training.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
- All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, and valid driver license.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.