Find Your Job
GM Certified EV Master Tech - Cadillac of Las Vegas in Las Vegas, NV at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 10/23/2023
Las Vegas, NV 89146
At Cadillac of Las Vegas, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Up to $5000 sign-on bonus available based on experience and certificates
**Ask about our Tenure Bonus program that begins at 6 months from hire date. Bonus pay up to $3.50 per flat rate hour!!!
Our associates are happy to work here because:
- We boast the lowest turnover in the industry.
- We provide award winning training (Training Magazine Top 125, and Brandon Hall Awards).
- We are committed to developing and promoting within the company.
- Our benefits are extremely competitive with Medical, dental, vision, HSA, 401k and PTO.
- We encourage peer to peer teamwork and recognition.
- Special benefits to purchasing and leasing a car.
- Personal Automotive Concierge Service.
If you want to find out more about the types of jobs we have here, we've highlighted a few.
We're proud of what we're doing here. Come and join us!
The EV Master Technician will be responsible for diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining engine and transmission issues in various vehicles. The technician will have extensive knowledge of engine and transmission systems and work on bumper-to-bumper repairs, including Electric Vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to stall area.
· Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
· Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
· Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
· Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
· Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
· Document work performed.
· Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal errands.
· Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
· Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
· Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
· Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
· Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
· Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
· Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
Salary: Up to $50 / flat rate hour
(The Technician Position has a Pay Scale consisting of the following elements and ranges. Wages include Base Hourly Compensation of between $15.50 and $17.05.)
- 2+ years of experience as a Line Technician, specializing in engine and transmission systems in a dealership or automotive repair shop.
- 2+ years of GM experience and/or EV experience.
- Extensive knowledge of engine and transmission systems, including their components, functions, and interdependencies.
- Proficiency in using diagnostic tools, specialized equipment, and software for accurate troubleshooting and repair of engine and transmission issues.
- Strong understanding of technical manuals, schematics, and diagnostic procedures related to engine and transmission systems.
- Strong communication skills to interact professionally and courteously with service advisors, customers, and other team members.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, managing time effectively to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- Adaptability to rapidly changing technologies and a fast-paced work environment.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record.·
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.