Find Your Job
Physical Auction Buyer in Richardson, TX at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 10/17/2023
Richardson, TX 75080
You're serious about your career, and rest assured you've come to the right place. At Sonic Automotive, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Physical Auction Buyer will ensure the timely valuation, processing, and intra-Company trading of all Sonic Automotive used vehicle inventory.
The Physical Auction Buyer supports retail dealership operations across the Sonic Automotive network. This position requires working well in a fast-paced team environment and being effective as a self-starter working individually as needs dictate. The primary market for these responsibilities is in and around the Lute Riley Honda dealership.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize Sonic Automotive automated inventory management system.
- Understand market trends and changes to trends in assigned geographic market
- Walk inventory, in person, prior to purchasing
- Develop effective working relationships with dealership, Regional and home office Associates to accelerate the placement of ideal inventory in an expeditious and cost-effective manner.
- Solid understanding of the retail and wholesale automobile sales processes.
- Competent with web-based research tools and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent analytical and valuation skills, with a strong process orientation
- Excellent time management and commitment to deadlines.
- Able to identify conditions that would preclude a vehicle from sale
- Understanding of reconditioning costs, time, and processes
- Minimum 2-years of wholesale purchasing experience.
- Minimum 2-years of retail automotive sales experience.
- Previous in person Auction buying experience required
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.