Find Your Job
Used Car Technician/ Team Lead - Lexus of Serramonte in Colma, CA at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 10/10/2023
Colma, CA 94014
At Lexus of Serramonte, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Lead Used Car Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. S/he also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to him/her.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to stall area.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required or if repairs cannot be completed within promised time frame.
- Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal errands.
- Supervise work of technicians as assigned.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes and keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- 5+ years of experience as a Service Technician (independent shop or dealership experience)
- Experience and ability to lead a team of technicians in a lead role
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- All applicants must be able to be authorized to work in the US.
- All applicants must demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, and have a valid driver license.
- ASE or manufacturing training
- $36.00 - $48.00 / hour (based on experience)
- (The Technician Position has a Pay Scale consisting of the following elements and ranges. Wages include Base Hourly Compensation of between $15.50 and $48.00)
- Longevity Bonus Available
- Sign on Bonus $10K based on experience
- **Ask about our Tenure Bonus program that begins at 6 months from hire date. Bonus pay up to $3.50 per flat rate hour!
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.