Find Your Job
Used Car Manager - Audi / VW Glenwood Springs in Glenwood Springs, CO at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 9/19/2023
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
Audi VW Glenwood Springs is one of the fastest growing brands within the automotive industry. We are building a business based on doing things the right way. From the way we treat our guests, take pride in our work and share opportunities for our employees to grow as we grow. We are proud of what we're doing here and would love to tell you about our opportunities!
Salary may be from $60,000 to $180,000 annually (based on performance)
The Used Car Manager opportunity has a Pay Scale consisting of the following elements and ranges. Wages include Base Salary Compensation of $5000, plus additional commission based on components including gross. The position may also pay commission compensation which is based on the value or amount of closed sales achieved from $0.00 (if no sales are made) without any upper limit other than sales performance. The position also may also pay a production bonus based on individual or team performance that may range from $0.00 (if baseline benchmarks are not met) without any fixed upper limit.
Our associates are happy to work here because:
- We boast the lowest turnover in the industry.
- We provide award winning training (Training Magazine Top 125, and Brandon Hall Awards).
- We are committed to developing and promoting within the company.
- Our benefits are extremely competitive with Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, 401k and PTO.
- We encourage peer to peer teamwork and recognition.
- Special benefits to purchasing and leasing a car.
- Personal Automotive Concierge Service.
If you want to find out more about the types of jobs we have here, we've highlighted a few.
We're proud of what we're doing here. Come and join us!
The Used Car Manager ensures customers retention and the profitability of this profit center by recruiting qualified sales personnel. Assumes responsibility for appraising, purchasing, reconditioning, displaying, and merchandising the used vehicle inventory
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Forecasts goals and objectives for sales, gross, and key expenses on a monthly and annual basis.
· Hires, motivates, counsels, and monitors the performance of all used-vehicle sales employees.
· Prepares and administers an annual operating forecast and budget for the used-vehicle sales department.
· Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect used-vehicle sales.
· Directs and schedules the activities of all department employees, ensuring proper staffing at all times.
· Assists individual salespeople in setting aggressive yet realistic monthly goals and objectives and provides them with the support to meet these goals.
· Ensures proper follow up of all potential buyers by developing, implementing, and monitoring a prospecting and sales control system.
· Develops, implements, and monitors a follow-up system for used-vehicle purchasers.
· Maintains vehicle inventory. Monitors customers' likes and dislikes, lost sales, and dealership sales history and conducts local market analyses to determine which vehicles to stock.
· Conducts daily and weekly sales and sales training meetings.
· Establishes and enforces product-knowledge standards.
· Oversees the efforts of used-vehicle salespeople to enhance the image and customer satisfaction ratings of the dealership.
· Communicates daily with the new-vehicle sales manager regarding units needed for used-vehicle inventory.
· Ensures that used-vehicle salespeople are informed of all new inventory and current advertising efforts, including special sales.
· Appraises all incoming used vehicles.
· Ensures that cosmetic and mechanical reconditioning is performed within the dealership's cost and time limitations.
· Plans and controls the display of used vehicles.
· Establishes and controls wholesaling activities.
· Establishes delivery procedures and ensures that delivery includes an introduction to the service department and scheduling of the first service appointment.
· Assists in the development of advertising campaigns and other promotions.
· Keeps abreast of auto auction activity and prices and attends auctions on a regular basis.
· Approves all paperwork from auctions and provides proper documentation to the office for purchases.
· Notifies the used vehicle department manager of anticipated delivery of purchases.
· High school diploma or the equivalent.
· Two years’ experience in automotive sales or sales management minimum
· Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
· Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
· All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
· All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include
· Background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license.
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative team-based approach; to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.