Find Your Job
Automotive Technician - Lexus of Serramonte in Colma, CA at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 9/13/2023
Colma, CA 94014
At Lexus of Serramonte, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Automotive Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. S/he also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to him/her.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to stall area.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required.
- Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Document work performed.
- Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal errands.
- Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
- Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- Proven experience as an Automotive Technician with 2+ years in a dealership or similar automotive repair setting.
- ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certifications preferred.
- Proficiency in using diagnostic equipment and tools.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, and valid driver license.
- $31.00 - $55.00 / hour (Depending on experience)
- Longevity Bonus Available
- Sign on Bonus $10K based on experience
- **Ask about our Tenure Bonus program that begins at 6 months from hire date. Bonus pay up to $3.50 per flat rate hour!
(The Technician Position has a Pay Scale consisting of the following elements and ranges. Wages include Base Hourly Compensation of between $15.50 and $55.00)
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.