Find Your Job
Parts Counterperson - Lute Riley Honda in Richardson, TX at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 8/25/2023
Richardson, TX 75080
Lute Riley Honda is one of the fastest growing brands within the automotive industry. We are building a business based on doing things the right way. From the way we treat our guests, take pride in our work and share opportunities for our employees to grow as we grow. We are proud of what we're doing here and would love to tell you about our opportunities!
Our associates are happy to work here because:
- We boast the lowest turnover in the industry.
- We provide award winning training (Training Magazine Top 125, and Brandon Hall Awards).
- We are committed to developing and promoting within the company.
- Our benefits are extremely competitive with Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, 401k and PTO.
- We encourage peer to peer teamwork and recognition.
- Special benefits to purchasing and leasing a car.
- Personal Automotive Concierge Service.
If you want to find out more about the types of jobs we have here, we've highlighted a few.
We're proud of what we're doing here. Come and join us!
The Parts Counterperson sells, at retail, parts to all available customers, over the counter, through the shop, or on the phone.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist walk-in customers in selecting required parts, suggest companion requirements, offer specials, and ensure that the customer is exposed to the full product line.
· Pull purchases from stock. If the part is not in stock, determine availability and submit an emergency order if requested by the customer.
· Answer phone calls, providing price quotes and other information. Assist outside sales representatives with their orders.
· Set up orders for daily shipment, delivery, or pick up.
· Verify “will call” and “back order” files weekly and return to vendors, or stock those items not required. Solicit assigned accounts by phone.
· Assist service technicians in selecting parts needed for repairs in process.
· Open a repair order envelope for all new repair orders.
· Order parts not in stock if, after discussion with Shop Foremen, it is determined that parts are needed and will be used upon receipt or that the customer will return for the required repairs.
· Notify the Shop Foreman and the customer that ordered parts have been received.
· Answer parts phones when front counter is overloaded.
· Ensure that before parts can be charged out, the Technician presents a duplicate copy of the repair order and a parts requisition.
· File the requisition copy in the repair order envelope.
· Be friendly, professional and efficient when working with all customers, both on the phone and in person.
· Provide the same high level of service to the other dealership departments as is given to other customers.
· Issue credit for parts returned, ensuring that the original invoice, or its number, is available so that purchase and pricing can be verified. Exceptions must be approved by the Parts Manager or Business Manager.
· Ensure that all charge back sales are signed by the customers.
· When making tax exempt sales other than to a charge or cash account, ensure that the customer’s full name, address, ICC number, and signature is obtained.
· Present the customer with the white copy of the invoice after removing the “tear strip.” When doing business with regular cash customers, ensure that their “cash account” numbers are recorded to assure proper customer tracking.
· When a credit card is declined, notify the credit department. If they are not available, either decline to charge the purchase, or release the credit hold in accordance with the dealership’s guidelines.
· Keep front and rear counter areas clean and uncluttered.
· Replenish assigned inventory daily. Advise Parts Manager when areas of the department are not in satisfactory condition.
· Keep current on new products and product updates.
· Participate in all training programs that are made available.
· Participate with the Parts Manager in maintaining a Lost Sale Tracking program.
· Clean computer terminals and printers daily.
· Must be legally and technically able to operate company and customer vehicles.
· Must be insurable by company insurance carrier.
· Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
· Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
· One year of experience in an automotive parts dept.
· One year of sales experience.
· Professional personal appearance.
· Ability to work well with the public, sometimes with several customers at a time.
· Will be required to wear a dealership uniform at all times.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
· All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
· All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative team-based approach; to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.