Find Your Job
Apprentice Technician - Mercedes-Benz of McKinney in McKinney, TX at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 8/11/2023
McKinney, TX 75070
Mercedes-Benz of McKinney is one of the fastest growing brands within the automotive industry. We are building a business based on doing things the right way. From the way we treat our guests, take pride in our work and share opportunities for our employees to grow as we grow. We are proud of what we're doing here and would love to tell you about our opportunities!
**Ask about our Tenure Bonus program that begins at 6 months from hire date. Bonus pay up to $3.50 per flat rate hour!!!
Apprentice Technician is guaranteed a minimum monthly income during their apprenticeship period. Tuition reimbursement assistance is included.
Our associates are happy to work here because
- Available $0 Health plan premiums for Technicians based on tenure.
- We boast the lowest turnover in the industry.
- We provide award winning training (Training Magazine Top 125, and Brandon Hall Awards).
- We are committed to developing and promoting within the company, and offer a career path from entry level to top level.
- Our benefits are extremely competitive with Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, 401k with matching, and PTO.
- Paid time off and Paid Training.
- We encourage peer to peer teamwork and recognition.
- Special benefits to purchasing and leasing a car.
- Personal Automotive Concierge Service.
If you want to find out more about the types of jobs we have here, we've highlighted a few.
We're proud of what we're doing here. Come and join us!
The Apprentice Service Technician must be a graduate of an automotive technician training school. The apprentice is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned by his/her team leader.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· The apprentice technician is assigned a 'Mentor' usually a Master Technician to assist him/her in acclimating to dealership operations in addition to sharing the Mentors technical knowledge. And assisting the apprentice as necessary.
· Perform work as outlined on repair order..
Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
· Call upon your Mentor, Team Leader or Shop Foreman when you have a question or need assistance.
· Examine the vehicle to determine if additional service work is recommended.
· Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
· Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
*Comprehensive training program in working shop
*Competitive compensation during apprenticeship
*Manufacturer training via online modules & classroom
· Quality job performance is a must.
· High school diploma or the equivalent.
· Graduation from a valid automotive technical training program
· Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
· All applicants must perform their duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
· All applicants must be able to pass a background check, MVR, and drug test,
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative team-based approach; to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.