Find Your Job
Marketing and Events Coordinator - Horny Toad Harley Davidson in Temple, TX at Sonic Powersports
Date Posted: 8/10/2023
Temple, TX 76502
Sonic Automotive, Inc., a Fortune 500 company based in Charlotte, North Carolina, is on a quest to become the most valuable automotive retailer and service brand in America. Our Company culture thrives on creating, innovating, and providing industry-leading guest experiences, driven by strategic investments in technology, teammates, and ideas that ultimately fulfill ownership dreams, enrich lives, and deliver happiness to our guests and teammates. As one of the largest automotive retailers in America, we are committed to delivering on this goal while pursuing expansive growth and taking progressive measures to be the leader in this category. Our new platforms, programs, and people are set to drive the next generation of automotive experiences. More information about Sonic Automotive can be found at www.sonicautomotive.com and ir.sonicautomotive.com.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hardworking, motorcycle enthusiast to join our amazing team! Successful candidates will find creative ways to attract riders and those who dream of owning and riding. Candidates must be skilled in all areas of social media, texting, e-mailing, websites, driving floor traffic and direct marketing. Candidates must be able to formulate dynamic and innovative campaigns and promotions, envision imaginative advertising materials and direct the team to successfully develop and implement them. We pride ourselves on being THE place to go and almost always have something going on. This requires flexibility as timelines change, priorities are shifted, and events are supported.
Responsible for daily posts/tweets to all applicable social media outlets. Other duties include coordinating the marketing calendar with online activity, tracking social media influence measurements, partnering with other departments to ensure proper online messaging and relevancy, ensuring consistency of messages across multiple networks, preparing reports to update internal staff on usage statistics, continuous monitoring and coverage of all sites. Employee may also perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Understands social media universe including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Possesses strong computer/internet skills
- Able to work effectively in a multi-tasking environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge and understanding of market trends.
- Able to make creative suggestions in the interest of the organization.
- Social media marketing experience required.
- Degree in Marketing/Advertising/Entertainment Business recommended.
- Personal or professional experience with motorsports.
- Full time, Tuesday through Saturday work week.
- Competitive compensation plan including quarterly bonus
- Annual compensation targeting $55,000-$75,000
- Dental, Medical, 401K, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance (long and short term)
- Paid time off for vacation and holidays
- The ideal candidate will possess a combination of skills and experiences in social media, digital, mobile, local-community event & sponsorship marketing, SEO/SEM, CRM, public relations and project management.
- 3-5 years of experience dedicated to social media and/or digital media focused on top-tier consumer brand marketing or retail brand
- Experience in customer communications role (i.e…email marketing, direct mail marketing, or live call marketing)
- Experience within the retail powersport industry required
- Demonstrated experience in building relationships with regional retail marketing leaders, General Managers and/or store personnel
- Experience evaluating marketing performance and consulting on optimization plans
- Demonstrated experience building marketing plans and executing marketing plans.
- Knowledge of functionality of social platforms (paid products, targeting capabilities, insights tools, PowerEditor, Google Analytics, etc.).
- Knowledge of functionality of digital content strategy and website conversion tracking tools.
- Experience planning and executing digital programming that supports key areas of brand outreach – ranging from influencer programs, to paid media programming, to CRM and support of offline retail & sponsorship marketing activities.
- Has functioned in a project management of digital marketing – ensuring delivery of activations on time and within budget, managing the agency partners and other internal/store-level teams.
- Has demonstrated advanced knowledge of social platforms, web platforms, specific rules of engagement for brand/advertisers, general platform policies.
- Has exhibited thorough understanding of digital marketing practices (e.g. mobile, social platforms/APIs, third party listening, publishing and vendor-specific toolsets).
- Has come to understand web-build processes and has familiarity with SEO, advanced knowledge of social CMS tools, social listening, social APIs, social vendors, mobile technologies
- Has demonstrated fluency with research/organic search techniques/methodologies and application supporting development execution/optimization of brand campaigns.
- Has functioned in a project management role, managing deliverables against social strategies.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.