Find Your Job
Automotive Technician - Philpott Hyundai in Nederland, TX at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 7/18/2023
Nederland, TX 77627
At Philpott Hyundai, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. S/he also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to him/her.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform work as outlined on repair order.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is needed or required.
- Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed in the time promised.
- Document work performed.
- Road-test vehicles when required.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
- Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- 2+ years of experience as an automotive technician or apprentice at an automotive dealership
- ASE or manufacturing training.
- High CSI is a must.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
- All applicants must be able to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, and valid driver license.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.