Find Your Job
Express Care Service Advisor - Jordan Ford in Mishawaka, IN at RFJ
Date Posted: 6/8/2023
Mishawaka, IN 46545
At Jordan Ford, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
As an Express Service Advisor, you will own our customer’s experience in the service lane. You are the first point of contact with our customers and will be well-versed in product offerings, inventory needs, technician scheduling and service repairs/maintenance. From greeting vehicle owners on the drive line to explaining the repair process, our Service Advisors are true professionals who enjoy helping others.
The Express Service Advisor acts as a liaison between external customers and all those involved internally at the dealership.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Schedules service appointments. Obtains customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible.
· Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner.
· Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts. Establishes "promised time".
· Checks on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promise time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
· Test-drive the vehicle or refer to the test technician as necessary.
· Maintain Customer Satisfaction Index rating at least comparable to that of the manufacturer, zone or branch average.
· Advise customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications, using maintenance menus.
· Maintains a dealership-prescribed standard for “hours per customer repair order written."
· Understands and follows federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes, OSHA right-to-know, etc.
· Follows all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
· High school diploma or the equivalent.
· Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
· Two years of experience in a dealership position.
· General knowledge of vehicle mechanical operations.
· ASE certification preferred.
· Sales experience preferred.
· Professional personal appearance.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
· All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
· All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.