Find Your Job
Apprentice Technician - Momentum Landrover SW in Houston, TX at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 6/6/2023
Houston, TX 77074
At Momentum Landrover SW, The apprentice receives a guaranteed minimum income during their apprenticeship period. Tuition Reimbursement is also available. A MENTOR is also provided to assist the apprentice should he/she have a problem diagnosing or repairing a vehicle. Successful Graduation from an automotive technical training program is required. JLR Southwest Houston, is committed to your success as and automotive technician servicing and repairing one of the premier automotive brands.
**Ask about our Tenure Bonus program that begins at 6 months from hire date. Bonus pay up to $3.50 per flat rate hour!!!
- Available $0 Health plan premiums for Technicians based on tenure
- Our "Hybrid" Medical plan provides associates with a cost-sharing medical/pharmacy plan along with the ability to set aside money through retirement tax-free in a Health Savings Account.
- When enrolled in the Health Savings Account, you'll have early access to the future contributions through our "HSA on Demand" feature.
- A company contribution is also made to your HSA every pay period!
- A choice of 3 dental plans
- A Vision plan
- A Flexible Spending Account for a tax-free way to pay for dependent day care
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance (company-paid, as well as supplemental)
- Legal Plan
- Critical Illness, Accident and Hospitalization plans
- Home and Auto Insurance at special group rates and payroll deduction
- Pet Insurance
· The Apprentice Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance on Audi vehicles as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform work as outlined on repair order with accuracy.
· Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
· Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
· Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is recommended.
· Notify service advisor if additional work outlined is needed or recommended.
· Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
· Document work performed.
· Road-test vehicles when required.
· Utilize the knowledge of you Mentor, Team Leader or Shop Foreman when necessary.
· Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
· Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
· Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
· Follow all company safety policies and procedures, report any accidents to a manager or supervisor.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
· All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
· All applicants must be able to to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license
It's time to make the most important move of your career. When you join JLR Southwest Houston, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. You'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.