Find Your Job
Service Advisor - North Central Ford in Richardson, TX at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 5/19/2023
Richardson, TX 75080
North Central Ford is one of the fastest growing brands within the automotive industry. We are building a business based on doing things the right way. From the way we treat our guests, take pride in our work and share opportunities for our employees to grow as we grow. We are proud of what we're doing here and would love to tell you about our opportunities!
Our associates are happy to work here because:
- We boast the lowest turnover in the industry.
- We provide award winning training (Training Magazine Top 125, and Brandon Hall Awards).
- We are committed to developing and promoting within the company.
- Our benefits are extremely competitive with Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, 401k and PTO.
- We encourage peer to peer teamwork and recognition.
- Special benefits to purchasing and leasing a car.
- Personal Automotive Concierge Service.
If you want to find out more about the types of jobs we have here, we've highlighted a few.
We're proud of what we're doing here. Come and join us!
The Service Advisor is responsible for scheduling service work in the service department and for selling additional needed service to customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Schedules service appointments. Obtains customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible.
· Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner.
· Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts. Establishes "promised time".
· Checks on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promise time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
· Test-drive the vehicle or refer to the test technician as necessary.
· Maintain Customer Satisfaction Index rating at least comparable to that of the manufacturer, zone or branch average.
· Advise customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications, using maintenance menus.
· Maintains a dealership-prescribed standard for “hours per customer repair order written."
· Understands and follows federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes, OSHA right-to-know, etc.
· Follows all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
· High school diploma or the equivalent.
· Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
· Two years of experience in a dealership position.
· General knowledge of vehicle mechanical operations.
· ASE certification preferred.
· Sales experience preferred.
· Professional personal appearance.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
· All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
· All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative team-based approach; to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.