Find Your Job
Staff Accountant- Greenville CDJR in Greenville, TX at RFJ
Date Posted: 5/19/2023
Greenville, TX 75402
At Greenville CDJR, Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Description: The Staff Accountant is responsible for the handling of transactions in multiple sets of books; balancing intercompany accounts; preparing journal entries; performing account analysis and accrual calculations; assisting in the monthly closing process for various companies.
Duties and Responsibilities: Preparation, posting and filing of journal entries to record accounting data including: bank activity-ACH and wire transactions; depreciation; prepaid and other items as required to facilitate a complete and accurate closing to multiple sets of books maintained on ADP software. Performs bank reconciliations and assists in preparing month-end analysis schedules. Cross trains to provide backup for various accounting tasks in the department. Perform other such accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required at the direction of the Director of Corporate Accounting
· Accounting degree is required as is a minimum of 2 years full charge bookkeeping experience and experience with accounting software.
· A working knowledge of complete accounting cycle.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills —will be dealing with store & regional controllers and various corporate department employees.
· Good organizational skills and a positive attitude dedicated toward achieving results.
· Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done and meet various deadlines.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, particularly excel. Strong attention to detail.
· Experience with ADP financial software and accounting system, Timberline Software, and bank cash management software.
· Additional full-charge bookkeeping experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
· Experience working in a multiple-entity environment.
unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.