Find Your Job
Main Line Technician- BMW CPO Nashville in Nashville, TN at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 5/18/2023
Nashville, TN 37204
At BMW CPO Nashville, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read
**Ask about our Tenure Bonus program that begins at 6 months from hire date. Bonus pay up to $3.50 per flat rate hour!!!
In addition, you'll enjoy these benefits:
- Available $0 Health plan premiums for Technicians based on tenure
- Our "Hybrid" Medical plan provides associates with a cost-sharing medical/pharmacy plan along with the ability to set aside money through retirement tax-free in a Health Savings Account.
- When enrolled in the Health Savings Account, you'll have early access to the future contributions through our "HSA on Demand" feature.
- A company contribution is also made to your HSA every pay period!
- A choice of 3 dental plans
- A Vision plan
- A Flexible Spending Account for a tax-free way to pay for dependent day care
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance (company-paid, as well as supplemental)
- Legal Plan
- Critical Illness, Accident and Hospitalization plans
- Home and Auto Insurance at special group rates and payroll deduction
- Pet Insurance
on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive.
We are searching for a HIGHLY Qualified Automotive Service Technician with 4+ year's experience ONLY, BMW experience preferred.
Why work for BMW CPO of Nashville?
Air Conditioned Shop
• Work/Life balance. Your family is as important to us as they are to you!
Tenure bonus starting at completion of 2 years of service
• Factory training - The ability to earn income while training to become a BMW technician
• Mentor who is invested in your development, growth, and success
• A career path from entry-level to top-level
• Incremental pay increases for achieving new levels of certification
• Recognition for reaching goals and high performance
If you want to find out more about the types of jobs we have here, we've highlighted a few.
We're proud of what we're doing here. Come and join us!
The Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. S/he also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to him/her.
Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to stall area.
· Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
· Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
· Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
· Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
· Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
· Document work performed.
· Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal errands.
· Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
· Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
· Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
· Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
· Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
· Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
· Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
· High CSI is a must.
· ASE or manufacturing training.
· High school diploma or the equivalent.
· Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
· Manual dexterity.
· Good Judgment.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
· All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
· All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, and valid driver license.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.