Find Your Job
Apprentice Technician - Audi Downtown Nashville in Brentwood, TN at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 5/16/2023
Brentwood, TN 37027
At Audi Downtown Nashville, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. We are committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive.
**Ask about our Tenure Bonus program that begins at 6 months from hire date. Bonus pay up to $3.50 per flat rate hour!!!
In addition, you'll enjoy these benefits:
- Available $0 Health plan premiums for Technicians based on tenure
- Our "Hybrid" Medical plan provides associates with a cost-sharing medical/pharmacy plan along with the ability to set aside money through retirement tax-free in a Health Savings Account.
- When enrolled in the Health Savings Account, you'll have early access to the future contributions through our "HSA on Demand" feature.
- A company contribution is also made to your HSA every pay period!
- A choice of 3 dental plans
- A Vision plan
- A Flexible Spending Account for a tax-free way to pay for dependent day care
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance (company-paid, as well as supplemental)
- Legal Plan
- Critical Illness, Accident and Hospitalization plans
- Home and Auto Insurance at special group rates and payroll deduction
- Pet Insurance
The Apprentice Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance on Audi vehicles as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with accuracy.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is recommended.
- Notify service advisor if additional work outlined is needed or recommended.
- Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- ·Document work performed.
- Road-test vehicles when required.
- Utilize the knowledge of your Mentor, Team Leader or Shop Foreman when necessary.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
- Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures, report any accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Successful graduation from a recognized automotive technical training school.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must be authorized to work in the USA.
- Must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, and a drug test.
Apprentice Technician is guaranteed a minimum monthly income during their apprenticeship period. Tuition reimbursement assistance is included.