Find Your Job
Technician- Pensacola Honda in Pensacola, FL at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 5/16/2023
Pensacola, FL 32505
At Pensacola Honda, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally.
**Ask about our Tenure Bonus program that begins at 6 months from hire date. Bonus pay up to $3.50 per flat rate hour!!!
$18.00 to $34.00 Flat Rate depending on experience and certifications
Pensacola Honda has a lot to offer a career-minded Technician:
- Available $0 Health plan premiums for Technicians based on tenure
- Our "Hybrid" Medical plan provides associates with a cost-sharing medical/pharmacy plan along with the ability to set aside money through retirement tax-free in a Health Savings Account.
- When enrolled in the Health Savings Account, you'll have early access to the future contributions through our "HSA on Demand" feature.
- A company contribution is also made to your HSA every pay period!
- A choice of 3 dental plans
- A Vision plan
- A Flexible Spending Account for a tax-free way to pay for dependent day care
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance (company-paid, as well as supplemental)
- Legal Plan
- Critical Illness, Accident and Hospitalization plans
- Home and Auto Insurance at special group rates and payroll deduction
- Pet Insurance
The Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. S/he also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to him/her.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to stall area.
· Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
· Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
· Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
· Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
· Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
· Document work performed.
· Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal errands.
· Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
· Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
· Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
· Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
· Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
· Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
· Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
· High CSI is a must.
· ASE or manufacturing training.
· High school diploma or the equivalent.
· Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
· Manual dexterity.
· Good Judgment.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
· All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
· All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, and valid driver license.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.