Find Your Job
Technician - North Central Ford in Richardson, TX at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 5/12/2023
Richardson, TX 75080
North Central Ford is one of the fastest growing brands within the automotive industry. We are building a business based on doing things the right way. From the way we treat our guests, take pride in our work and share opportunities for our employees to grow as we grow. We are proud of what we're doing here and would love to tell you about our opportunities!
**Ask about our Tenure Bonus program that begins at 6 months from hire date. Bonus pay up to $3.50 per flat rate hour!!!
Our associates are happy to work here because:
- Available $0 Health plan premiums for Technicians based on tenure
- We boast the lowest turnover in the industry.
- We provide award winning training (Training Magazine Top 125, and Brandon Hall Awards).
- We are committed to developing and promoting within the company.
- Our benefits are extremely competitive with Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, 401k and PTO.
- We encourage peer to peer teamwork and recognition.
- Special benefits to purchasing and leasing a car.
- Personal Automotive Concierge Service.
If you want to find out more about the types of jobs we have here, we've highlighted a few.
We're proud of what we're doing here. Come and join us!
The Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. They also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to them.
Duties and Responsibilities:
*** Preferred experience in performing warranty and customer pay work.
*** Ford Brand preferred.
*** Able to work independently.
· Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to stall area.
· Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
· Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
· Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
· Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
· Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
· Document work performed.
· Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal errands.
· Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
· Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
· Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
· Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
· Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
· Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
· Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
· High CSI is a must.
· ASE or manufacturing training.
· High school diploma or the equivalent.
· Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
· Manual dexterity.
· Good Judgment.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
· All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
· All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, and valid driver license.
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative team-based approach; to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.