Find Your Job
Parts Assistant Manager- Momentum CDJR of Sealy in Sealy, TX at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 5/8/2023
Sealy, TX 77474
At Momentum CDJR of Sealy, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
*** Experience in the Parts Department is preferred ***
Parts Manager duties and responsibilities
A Parts Manager needs to perform well under pressure and understand the fluctuating needs for various replacement parts to excel in the role. They’re responsible for keeping the business well-stocked and keeping customers happy. Some day-to-day Parts Manager job duties include:
- Forecasting parts needs and ordering parts to maintain optimal inventory levels
- Monitoring the current parts inventory
- Pricing parts to maintain profitability
- Receiving parts, including placing them into inventory and properly labeling them
- Helping customers find and purchase the correct parts
- Overseeing special orders
- Collaborating with service managers to ensure all parts are available for repair jobs
- Hiring, supervising and training parts department staff members
Parts Manager experience requirements
The typical Parts Manager has extensive experience in the automotive industry, which might include work as a mechanic, auto body technician or car salesperson. Previous experience in a parts department, including work as an Assistant Parts Manager, equips the candidate with a strong background to handle the position. Sales, management and customer service experience is also useful. Most experience happens on the job, but some Parts Managers might complete certificate programs at tech schools that give them hands-on experience while they learn.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.