Find Your Job
Title Clerk in Houston, TX at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 3/23/2023
Houston, TX 77014
Sonic Automotive is a Fortune 500 company that is transforming the way people shop for, buy and service their vehicles. Our talented team work together to ensure we provide an experience unmatched by our competitors.
Our associates are happy to work here because:
- We boast the lowest turnover in the industry.
- We provide award winning training (Training Magazine Top 125, and Brandon Hall Awards).
- We are committed to developing and promoting within the company.
- We are technology based - most jobs use IPads or IPhones that we provide.
- Our benefits are extremely competitive with Medical, dental, vision, HSA, 401k and PTO.
- We encourage peer to peer teamwork and recognition.
- Special benefits to purchasing and leasing a car.
- Personal Automotive Concierge Service.
Title Clerk – CBS
You're serious about your career, and rest assured you've come to the right place. At the Sonic Automotive Central Buying Solution, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Processes titles; obtain titles and supporting documentation to complete transactions; resolve lien payoff discrepancies; reconciles select accounts and schedules; tracks auction purchases and sales, and processes ACH payments among our dealerships.
- Track and coordinate title corrections due to lost titles, POA, lien releases, statements of facts etc. Coordinate with intercompany locations and or vendors in a professional manner to obtain needed titles and or supporting documentation for completion.
- Track auction purchases/sales and bill stores via ach.
- Wholesale title and sister store reassignments.
- Resolution of lien payoff discrepancies.
- Reviews, approves and initiates payment for lien payoffs.
- Organize all paperwork, check for completeness (verify VIN, cost, yr., make, model, etc.).
- Load units into the corresponding dealer’s location.
- Track Auction purchases/sales and bill stores via ach.
- Reconcile select accounts and schedules weekly.
- Post manual journal entries and any other postings as required.
- Post invoices, prepare checks, and issue online payments.
- Provide administrative support to management, other Sonic locations, vendors, and staff as needed.
- Knowledge of CDK a plus, dealership accounting preferred
- Strong excel, MS office
- Good interpersonal, email and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate: accurate and heavy data entry skills required.
- Self-motivated; able to effectively prioritize tasks and organize schedule.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some Saturdays and evenings based on workload.
- Knowledge of CO/CA/NC/TX DMV requirements a plus.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Good Judgment.
- 1 to 3 years of auction/wholesale experience desired.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
- All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include. background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license.
- $20 - $22/hour
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.