Find Your Job
Asst Controller / Office Manager - Stevens Creek BMW in Santa Clara, CA at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 3/17/2023
Santa Clara, CA 95051
At Stevens Creek BMW , a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
(The Office Manager/ Assistant Controller Position has a Pay Scale consisting of the following elements and ranges. Wages include Base Salary Compensation of between $8000 to $8750. The position also may also pay a production bonus based on individual or team performance that may range from $0.00 (if baseline benchmarks are not met) without any fixed upper limit .)
"Dealership Accounting Experience Needed"
The Office Manager is responsible for the accurate representation of the financial condition of the dealership, develops controls necessary for the proper conduct of the business, maintains accurate records, and establishes and maintains the data processing capabilities to accomplish the dealership’s objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist controller with preparation of complete financial statement and ensure it is submitted in a timely manner each month.
· Interpret and analyze the financial statement continually.
· Supervise office staff, including receptionist and cashier.
· Keep the Controller informed about the trends and the cash needs of the business.
· Review journal entries and approve any adjustments to inventory, COS, and expense accounts.
· Prepare and process all workmen’s comp and other insurance claims.
· Coordinate and prepare month-end reconciliations for all accounts and physical inventories.
· Maintain and post monthly standard entries.
· Set up fixed asset and prepaid asset accounts.
· Work with office staff to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks.
· Assist in preparation for annual internal and/or external audit. Provide auditors with requested information; follow-up on any items that need correction.
· Complete end-of-month accounting reports.
· Calculate and reconcile depreciation expense monthly.
· Set up and maintain accruals for expenses, e.g. advertising, insurance, professional expenses.
· Run and review expense trend reports monthly.
· Provide back-up for cashier and receptionist as needed.
· Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
· At least 3-4 years of Automotive Business Office experience (overseeing payroll and supervising team in the business office), highly preferred.
· Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
· Dealership accounting experience preferred.
· Working knowledge of dealership financial statements.
· Ability to explain technical financial information in an understandable manner.
· Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
· Professional personal appearance.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
· All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
· All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.