Find Your Job
Service Porter- MB of Denver in Denver, CO at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 3/17/2023
Denver, CO 80246
At Mercedes-Benz of Denver, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. We offer great work culture and possibility of growth in the future with Sonic. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Salary: $17-19/hr based on experience
(The Porter Position has a Pay Scale consisting of the following elements and ranges. Wages include Base Hourly Compensation of between $15.50 and $17.05.)
Our associates are happy to work here because:
- We boast the lowest turnover in the industry.
- We provide award winning training (Training Magazine Top 125, and Brandon Hall Awards).
- We are committed to developing and promoting within the company.
- Our benefits are extremely competitive with Medical, dental, vision, HSA, 401k and PTO.
- We encourage peer to peer teamwork and recognition.
- Special benefits to purchasing and leasing a car.
- Personal Automotive Concierge Service.
If you want to find out more about the types of jobs we have here, we've highlighted a few.
We're proud of what we're doing here. Come and join us!
The Service Greeter/Porter is responsible for moving service customer vehicles to ensure smooth and efficient traffic flow through the facility and increase customer convenience and maintaining an orderly service parking area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Greets all customers entering the service area with a friendly, upbeat professional attitude, answers their questions, and directs them to the appropriate person or location
· Determines if customers coming into service have an appointment. Records customer’s name, VIN, tag number, mileage, and existing vehicle damage (walk around)
· Controls service traffic flow, parking and assist with loaner vehicles as needed. Parks vehicles after they have been written up
· Drive safely and reports any lot damage immediately. Zero lot damage is the goal and the expectation
· Retrieve customer vehicles at cashier for pick-up; wait at vehicle for customer, thank customers for their business
· Install disposable seat covers, steering wheel covers, floor mats and I.D. tags in all the vehicles taken in for service
· Deliver the keys and repair order hard copies to the appropriate Service Advisor immediately after parking a vehicle in the service parking lot
· Maintains a clean and safe service drive area, free of trash, water, leaves and dirt.
· Drives vehicles to and from service lane, service stalls, and parking lot as needed.
· Makes key tags for vehicles
· Maintains a professional appearance
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
· All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
· All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license
.It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.