Find Your Job
Experience Diesel Technician- Jordan Ford in Mishawaka, IN at RFJ
Date Posted: 3/15/2023
Mishawaka, IN 46545
At Jordan Ford, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Jordan Ford, The area’s largest and best full line Truck shop, is looking for a leader. If you are an experienced Diesel technician, this is the opportunity you have been waiting for. For the successful candidate chosen to fill this role, benefits include:
* Highest Wage Offered – PERIOD!
* Free Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance after 1 year
* Established Shop celebrating 50+ Years as a Ford Dealer
* The Best equipped shop anywhere!
* Consistent growth every single year
* 40 Hour Guarantee
Don’t languish in a shop that is inconsistent, hasn’t been growing or is stagnant. We will pay the right person more than they are making now. Of course, we offer all the normal benefits including PTO, sick time, 401K, Health Insurance, etc.
We are Indiana’s Best Truck shop where there is seldom turn-over that would allow such an opportunity. Make your future the best it can be. What do you have to lose?
The Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. S/he also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to him/her.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to stall area.
· Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
· Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
· Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
· Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
· Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
· Document work performed.
· Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal errands.
· Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
· Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
· Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
· Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
· Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
· Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
· Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
· High CSI is a must.
· ASE or manufacturing training.
· High school diploma or the equivalent.
· Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
· Manual dexterity.
· Good Judgment.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
· All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
· All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, and valid driver license.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.