Find Your Job
Staff Accountant/Payroll Manager- Momentum BMW in Houston, TX at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 3/8/2023
Houston, TX 77074
At Momentum BMW, Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Description: The Staff Accountant is responsible for the handling of transactions in multiple sets of books; balancing intercompany accounts; preparing journal entries; performing account analysis and accrual calculations; assisting in the monthly closing process for various companies.
Duties and Responsibilities: Preparation, posting and filing of journal entries to record accounting data including: bank activity-ACH and wire transactions; prepaid and other items as required to facilitate a complete and accurate closing to multiple sets of books maintained on ADP software.
* Performs bank reconciliations and assists in preparing month-end analysis schedules. * * * * Cross trains to provide backup for various accounting tasks in the department.
* Perform other such accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required at the direction of the Controller
· A working knowledge of complete accounting cycle.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills —will be dealing with store & regional controllers and various corporate department employees.
· Good organizational skills and a positive attitude dedicated toward achieving results.
· Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done and meet various deadlines.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, particularly excel. Strong attention to detail.
What we are looking for:
- 2 years of Dealership office experience - with strong Accounting focus
- Commitment to financial prudence and account diligence
- A history of success in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (email, web, phone, in-person
- Reconciles office records with those of the Sales Department
- Payroll processing & submissions
- Ability to take initiative & think critically to identify improvement opportunities
- Providing information and answering employee questions
- Managing electronic timekeeping systems or manually collecting and reviewing timesheets
- Calculating payable hours, commissions, bonuses, tax withholdings, and deduction
- Maintaining employee records
- Coordinating with the HR department to ensure correct employee data
· Experience with ADP financial software and accounting system, and bank cash management software.
· Additional full-charge bookkeeping experience.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
· Experience working in a multiple-entity environment.
unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
What we offer
- $20.00 - $25.00
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with 4% company match
- Paid vacation
- Access to leadership and personal development programs
- Business Casual work environment
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.