Find Your Job
Project Manager in Charlotte, NC at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 3/7/2023
Charlotte, NC 28211
At Sonic Automotive, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Sonic Automotive operates over 100 dealerships spread across 16 states and 28 major metropolitan markets. We represent approximately 24 different automotive brands with the majority of our dealerships being luxury and import brands. We are an industry-leading automotive retailer committed to providing our customers with an outstanding automotive experience that is delivered with professionalism, integrity and enthusiasm. Our family of associates make Sonic Automotive a special company and provide a key competitive advantage. Come join a team that has been recognized for industry leading technology, leadership, and automotive retail disruption. If you are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow, then Sonic Automotive is the right organization for you.
The Project Manager is a key member of the Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO), dedicated to managing Sonic’s strategic projects. You will provide project management and business expertise in the development of organizational strategy and assure effective delivery of multiple projects within Sonic Automotive, making sure they stay within time and budget. You will deploy project management methodologies, governance and tools to enable consistent, high quality, execution of EPMO projects across the Enterprise.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Ability to create business value through project planning and management.
· Active participation in the following:
o Organizing and leading project team meetings
o Reporting project status to executive leadership
o Change management
· Manages project scope outlined by the business sponsor and business process owner.
· Facilitates meetings to work through project obstacles.
· Able to work independently and within cross-functional teams.
· Able to identify project risks and develop and communicate risk mitigation strategies to the project team and executive leadership.
· Ability to create and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders throughout the organization.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent projects.
· Manage stakeholder expectations by demonstrating and communicating key indicators of improved effectiveness on a periodic basis.
· Integrate the development of project standards, procedures and quality objectives across multiple project(s)/ program(s) and organizations. Provides leadership to cross-functional or cross-organizational project teams.
· Consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing analysis with decisiveness.
· Effectively demonstrate ability to deliver on complex situations or problems without guidance or supervision.
· Communicate specific, observable, and/or measurable expectations for each project, and verifies understanding and agreement on deliverables and timeframes.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
· Bachelor’s degree and 4-6 years of Project Management experience.
· Demonstrated ability to organize, coordinate, and execute on details, while keeping the big picture in sight.
· Wide and deep understanding of key project management practices with strong business acumen and customer focus.
· Problem solver with the initiative to think critically to identify improvement opportunities.
· Ability to convey information with clarity and directness, ensuring the message is understood across diverse, enterprise teams.
· Strong ownership – ability to work across organizations and through obstacles.
· Clear communication skills, and the ability to articulate complex issues concisely.
· Creative and collaborative problem-solving skills, driving results in matrixed environment.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
· PMP Certification
· Experience in Agile and Waterfall methods
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.