Find Your Job
Billing Clerk / Automotive Accounting- Serramonte BOC in Colma, CA at Sonic Automotive
Date Posted: 3/2/2023
Colma, CA 94014
Lexus of Serramonte is a Sonic Automotive Dealership.
Sonic Automotive is a Fortune 500 company that is transforming the way people shop for, buy and service their vehicles. Our talented team work together to ensure we provide an experience unmatched by our competitors.
Our associates are happy to work here because:
- We boast the lowest turnover in the industry.
- We provide award winning training (Training Magazine Top 125, and Brandon Hall Awards).
- We are committed to developing and promoting within the company.
- We are technology based - most jobs use IPads or IPhones that we provide.
- Our benefits are extremely competitive with Medical, dental, vision, HSA, 401k and PTO.
- We encourage peer to peer teamwork and recognition.
- Special benefits to purchasing and leasing a car.
- Personal Automotive Concierge Service.
If you want to find out more about the types of jobs we have here, we've highlighted a few.
We're proud of what we're doing here. Come and join us!
Salary: $26-$32 per hour based on experience.
$2,000 sign on bonus based on experience.
We also offer a monthly scorecard bonus based on performance guideline achievement.
Effectively and Efficiently Coordinates Components of Various Sales Transactions
- On a daily basis, posts sales transactions to accounting using CDK.
- Monitors deal activity to ensure that sales are being recorded.
- Updates management team and appropriate staff when changes relating to deals occur.
- Monitors that dealership is complying with all appropriate regulations and laws in the daily operations of the business.
- Pulls sold inventory jackets, and post deals into accounting.
- Verifies deal for all required documents.
- Notifies management and finance immediately when discrepancies occur.
- Reviews trade documents for accuracy of paperwork and prepare payoff checks for deals involving trade-ins.
- Work closely with DMV Clerk to ensure timely reporting of sales, unwinds to DMV to avoid penalties.
- Maintains a neat, organized and efficient work area, processing all documents as mandated by office management.
- Meets critical deadlines as required by for financial statement reporting.
- Assists with flooring audits on an as-needed basis
- Daily reconciliation of schedules.
- Prepares and posts journal entries for adjustments made to the schedules
- Takes proper care and caution when processing documents to ensure all confidentiality requirements are being met.
- Maintains an organized filing system for current, pending or incomplete transactions.
- Files all pertaining documentation pertaining to the vehicle sale accurately and timely.
- Corrects all improper postings to the general ledger and notifies management when repetitive errors appear
- Ensures proper process of refunding the banks or clients on a timely manner
- Monitor and process IRS 8300 cash reporting in a timely fashion
- Automotive Contract Clerk Experience Preferred.
- 2+ years Accounting or AS Degree required if no Automotive Contract Clerk experience.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress.
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task in a face paced environment.
- Helpful attitude and friendly demeanor.
- Highly professional and dependable.
- Strong computer and internet skills, including Microsoft
- Ability to process DMV paperwork a PLUS!
- Must possess good organization skills.
- Must have good work ethics including maintaining a neat work area.
- Excellent follow-through skills.
- CDK experience a PLUS!!
- Good attendance required.
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.