Find Your Job
Automotive Accounting/Title Clerk - Team Mancuso Powersports North in Houston, TX at Sonic Powersports
Date Posted: 2/22/2023
Employee Type: Full-time
Location: 9650 North Freeway
Houston, TX 77037
Houston, TX 77037
Job Type: Other
Team Mancuso Powersports is looking for an Accounting and Title Clerk to work in our North store.
What you'll do:
- Analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures.
- Prepares a complete financial statement monthly according to dealership guidelines and the manufacturer's format and time frame.
- Controls all posted documents, including time records, vehicle deals, commissions and additions and changes to inventory.
- Prepares daily bank deposit and cash report.
- Maintains an effective cash management system.
- Controls petty cash amounts for dealership and sales department.
- Reconciles Bank/floorplan accounts monthly.
- Approves adjustments to inventory and receivable accounts.
- Ensures that all manufacturer accounts including warranty claims, rebates, interest, protection, and co-op advertising accounts are current and accurate.
- Prints monthly journals, schedules and general ledger. Closes month by processing accounting month-end.
- Prepares payroll on a timely basis, posts payroll and maintains payroll records.
- Administers charge-back program for late charges to inventory.
- Prepares monthly floor plan report for use in commission calculations.
- Prepares sales commission/chargeback detail reports.
- Manages the payoff of vehicle floor plan and works with bank representatives.
- Approves new charge accounts and oversees collection of past due accounts.
- Review vehicle titles for accuracy and completeness to include VIN, odometer reading and release of liens
- Verify acceptance of title in state for which it is filed
- Confirm negotiability of title document and report any title discrepancies
- Interact with customers, dealers and representatives of regulatory agencies in resolution of title issues
- Maintain current knowledge of DMV regulations regarding vehicle titles for each state in which vehicles are processed
- Pay drafts for incoming titles on bank payable draft lists
What we offer:
- $22 to $26 per hour based on experience
- Health, Dental, 401k
- Fun, collaborative work environment
- Two to four years automotive experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.